Do you find that deciding what to eat, how much to eat, when to eat, and how much exercise you need each day is overwhelming? If so, don't give up since you're not the only one. When faced with so...
Ways to Boost Client’s Metabolism
It’s a fact that an accelerated metabolism helps people lose weight. But the question is, how to speed it up?
Usually, people strive to increase their metabolism with the help of a special diet. However, the coach’s task is to show what diet fits the client better and what program is needed to avoid.
The first thing to consider is proper nutrition to normalize metabolic processes. It should be consistent and regular; that is, every day at the same time, you should consume the same amount of balanced food.
You should have meals at least three times a day, but it is better to divide the daily diet into five to six portions. Small portions of meals are processed better and faster, and nutrients can be supplied in the necessary amounts throughout the day.
The last meal should be no later than three hours before bedtime. The metabolism slows down naturally while sleeping, so there is no extra load on the organism. The rule “no eating after six” doesn’t work here and can bring harm unless one goes to bed at 21:00.
Ways to speed up metabolism
Torturing yourself with physical exercises and, at the same time, having bad eating habits will not bring the desired results or get you any closer to reaching your goal. And a rigid diet can even lead to the opposite effect. Starvation leads to storing nutrients rapidly, and the weight will only increase, harming your digestive system and causing weakness and fainting.
Explain to your clients how to boost their metabolism at home. There are no extraordinary ways, and they can do it on their own:
- normalize their diet;
- reduce sugar and salt intake;
- lead an active lifestyle;
- give up bad habits;
- sleep at least seven hours a day;
- drink enough water;
- spend free time outside – soak up the sun’s rays (aka vitamin D).
Those who wish to improve their metabolism should treat the slightest endocrine system disorders on time and pay attention to the thyroid gland. Its hypofunction inhibits metabolic processes.
Improved metabolism to lose weight
Metabolic disorders often cause excess weight. Fat deposition and muscle gain are similar to anabolic processes. They differ from catabolic ones. Accelerated splitting is good for weight loss but becomes an obstacle to muscle building.
Therefore, athletes are advised to slow down their metabolism, and those who want to lose weight, on the contrary, need to boost it. The following tips will help your client boost metabolism:
- Morning exercise. Do sport before breakfast. Warming up before breakfast boosts the body’s metabolism, helping to burn extra calories, as well as improving the sleep cycle and increasing energy levels. However, if you are the type of person who prefers physical activity in the evening and feels tired when exercising in the morning, then stick to what’s best for you.
- Intense aerobic exercise during the day. Intense workouts involving the whole body increase blood flow, which has a positive effect on the functioning of all organs and accelerates metabolism.
- Drink large amounts of water. Water helps to convert food into energy, delivers nutrients to all cells of our body, participates in the cleansing of blood vessels, dissolves mineral salts, removes toxins, and regulates body temperature.
- Add spices to food. Spicy food speeds up metabolism – as a result, calories are consumed faster, and adipose tissue does not have time to capture new glucose particles, so it simply does not grow.
Sometimes, in order to lose weight, it is enough to adjust your habits.
Products that increase metabolism
Watch out for the products you eat. Consuming a particular group of food products can solve problems that disrupt the normal metabolic process. Consider where you can get the elements necessary for an efficient metabolism rate.
What happens if metabolic disorders are not eliminated?
Excess weight can also indicate metabolic disorders.
Improper metabolism leads to a shortage of the required substances by the body. As a result, you are at risk of getting:
- iron-deficiency anemia;
- digestive disorders;
- slowing down the removal of toxins, followed by intoxication;
- dystrophic processes of the musculoskeletal system;
- developmental delays (in children and adolescents).
Ideally, it is better to get a medical checkup once a year to diagnose and prevent metabolic disorders. Still, we have to consider some reasons like heredity or age. Therefore, you should tell your clients to listen carefully to their bodies’ signals to recognize the slowdown in metabolism.
How to motivate your client to start boosting metabolism?
Knowing how to increase the body’s metabolism is useful. But it’s also important to know how to support your clients and give them the right advice to improve their metabolism. It is equally important to be able to recognize when it is needed. So, here is how to motivate your clients to change their eating habits to boost metabolism:
- Start with why it is time to take care of their metabolism. The body will tell them that it does not receive useful elements through:
- indigestion for no apparent reason;
- weight fluctuations;
- the fragility of hair and nails;
- muscle pain not associated with physical activity;
- skin rash;
- swelling of the face and legs;
- more frequent reasons for visiting the dentist.
Seeing specific symptoms, the client will think about how to improve their eating habits.
- Talk about increasing metabolism rate and show your clients that it’s not scary. Methods for strengthening metabolism do not involve a rigid diet and exhaustion.
- Cheer your clients up. They should want to do it for the good of their body.
- Tell them it’s better to start small. Small steps will make it easier to move forward. Therefore, it is better to start with a morning habit, adding more and more to it.
Don’t insist. Your customers should feel your support, not your persistence. Despite the trust relationship, your clients have the right to decide what they consider best for themselves.
You can start with water. Studies have shown that drinking 0.5 liters of water boosts metabolism by about 10-30% within an hour. Accelerated calorie burning can be better if you drink cold water, as your body will be forced to use more energy to heat the water to body temperature.
The average metabolic rate for men averages 1 kcal/kg / h. That is, 1700 kcal is spent on metabolism per day for a man weighing 70 kg. For women, this value is 10% less.
Women’s metabolism is slower due to lower mass (including muscle) but not for gender reasons. More specifically, the muscles are less than about 1/3 and unevenly – the upper part of the body lags behind the lower part more.